Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Introducing Detective James Ford - Lost Episode Recap - Recon

You had me at Detective James Ford!  Whoo hoo! 

Oh my, do I love Sawyer … and hot cops … and putting Sawyer shirtless and flashing a detective badge nearly had me on the floor.  I had fallen asleep (on accident, what the hell!)  around 8:50 pm and got woken up when my husband came home at 9:15 pm.  I was dead asleep, but the first thing out of my mouth after seeing Sawyer as a cop was “Sawyer’s hotness went up 100%.”  Mmmm, hmmm, ladies, am I right, or am I right?  Finally, LOST got it right tonight, because we all love a Sawyer episode … but a sideways flash of Sawyer as a hot detective?  LOST, you done real good tonight!

Ok, Sawyer is doing the pigeon drop, a supposed con on some random woman in a hotel room, off island, but image my surprise when he utters the code name LaFleur and Miles and the rest of the cops barge in to save this male hot mess’s life.  I just can’t stop thinking about that badge on his shirtless chest, so I made a little photo collage to forever remind me of that moment, since apparently LOST is foolish enough not to release that particular image. 

Tonight, we see Miles and Sawyer working together off island as LA Detectives.  Miles sets Sawyer up on a date with his friend Charlotte, who cleans up quite nicely and is saucy as hell dropping lines like “I’m exactly like Indiana Jones” and hinting about her whip. 

Those two fell into bed faster than any other couple in tv history.  Even the hubby remarked “Boy, that’s a lot of action for a first date” and I had to snap back a quick “It’s Sawyer, honey!”  I’m no whore, but if I met the real tv Sawyer, I’d become one. 

Mmmm, hmmm, that actress had to been so happy to have the best reappearance of any dead former castmember this season.  Too bad she had to go and screw it up and riffle through his drawers looking for a case file and stumbling across his dead parents photo.  Sawyer being Sawyer freaked out when the man behind the curtain was exposed and through Charlotte’s butt into the street.  When he rethought the matter, he showed up with yet another flower and beer, but she turned him down, like a fool.  Would you have? 

Everyone else has done what they were supposed to off-island, but what do you all think about what Sawyer accomplished?  He opened up on-island, and Juliet blew up.  He tried to open up to Charlotte, and she blew him off.  It wasn’t clear to me that he was exactly a good guy off-island, because he let Kate go at the airport, being a cop and all, and is still planning on murdering Mr. Sawyer.  So, is that saying on-island he needs to stay a bad boy?  I hope so.

Sure, John Locke admitted tonight “I’m the smoke thing,” and that his mother was crazy and so was Claire, but the best moment he had tonight was when he bitched slapped Claire hard across the face after she tried to kill Kate. 

Even though John was a little creepy trying to open up, this episode was all about Sawyer, and that is exactly the way I like it.  He was on to the Liz Lemon look-alike Zoe pretty quick, and of course she ended up working for Charles Widmore who has finally made it to The Island on his (not really) yellow submarine. 

Sawyer decides to play Smokey John Locke and Widmore against one another and promised Kate that they will be snatching that sub and getting the hell off that island together.  Hell, yes!  So, it looks to me like Kate and Sawyer will end up together.  I hope this really happens because I can’t stand Jack, alone, but especially Kate.  Kate and Sawyer, despite being jaded and broken, somehow bring out the best in one another, despite their flaws.

On a side note, I love that Sawyer called Mr. Widmore “chief” and was watching Little House on the Praire and took Pa’s lesson to Half-Pint to heart, and was so affected he made his move on Charlotte, only to get shot down.  I can’t tell you how much I enjoy my tv star boyfriend who seems to love pop culture as much as I do!

[Via http://thegirlfromtheghetto.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment