Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Morning seduction

Ladies and gentleman, I am a granny.

And, no, before you ask, this is not some cutesy attempt at saying Reese and Libel made babies. I’m a responsible pet owner and have had both my cats spayed/neutered.

What I mean is that I went to sleep at 8 p.m. last night. 8 p.m.! I don’t know anyone who goes to sleep that early, not even my 59-year-old boss.

But, on the good side, I did wake up at 5:30 a.m., a whole 45 minutes before my alarm clock was set to go off.

And, as I’m laying there thinking about a dream I had of David selling the car my dad sold him (more on that later…), I thought David is always talking about me getting up “earlier” than I need to and waking him up with sex. Hmmm…

The problem with “waking him up” with sex is that he sleeps on his side, facing away from me. So I slide up behind him and reach around to rub his chest. Then I snake my hand down to his boxer brief and start slowly rubbing his shaft through his boxers.

He rolls over and is smiling. Good sign, right? So we start kissing, and I’m pressing my body up against his, really playing things up at this point. He starts laughing.

Laughing.

I say, “Why are you laughing?”

“I’m…so….tired,” he laughs.

So I roll back onto my back and lay there, fighting back tears. He rolls over and puts an arm around me. I turn off the alarm and say I’m going to take a shower.

(A little off topic, but I think I was in a randy mood this morning because of all of this working out. It’s given me energy that I didn’t know I had. It’s also given me will power. I’ve been able to resist all manner of bad-for-you foods at the office and at home. ::pat on the back::)

At least I made it to the bathroom before I started crying.

Part of the problem… Well, I can’t even say that. All of the problem is that Nick rejected me so many times in bed. I definitely still have hang ups about sexual rejection.

The rational side of my brain says, “Katie, you are ‘too tired’ for sex all the time. It stands to reason he could be too. He probably just crawled into bed 3 hours ago.”

But the emotional side of my brain screams, “Are you nuts? He’s a man! They’re always up for sex! There must be something wrong with you!”

I didn’t say anything to David, just went on my way with getting ready and getting to class. And I’m not going to let it affect my day. But I will tell you this. He better think twice before complaining that we never get to have sex because I go to bed early.

[Via http://livingwithdavid.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment