Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sam Brett vs The Feminists

I know, I know. I shouldn’t have clicked on Sam Brett’s latest women-bashing blog post – Picking up his socks and faking orgasms: the new feminism? – but I felt I had to defend my honour, or something:

I hate to say it … but I’m sick to death of the battle of the sexes. I’m tired of the confusion, I’m worn down by the games and I want the feminists to get their story straight before they vehemently berate us over how modern women are supposed to behave.

Um, Sam, you’ve been bashing feminists for a long, long time, and you’re ALWAYS tell “modern women” how they should behave. Perhaps you’re just jealous that feminists are stealing your audience?

Suddenly Weldon, the feminist (or ex-feminist as she’s now known), is telling women to quit their go-girl mantra and basically to shut up and put up with commitment-phobic slobs who, by the way, shouldn’t be expected to be like good girlfriends. Yep, instead of being able to have a good girly chat, women should simply appreciate men’s need for sex.

Anyone with only a passing knowledge of Weldon will know that hers ain’t the bra burning kind of feminism. And all of the problems Sam blames on feminism – such as who pays on the first date, and does splitting the bill mean you’re not interested? – are really just people being too scared or too silly after reading too much Sam Brett to communicate with each other. I mean, really, if the only way you can tell if someone is interested in you is if they offer to pay for dinner, then you’re got problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment